Factors To Consider When Purchasing Businesses In The US
When purchasing a business in the US there are many factors to consider. For example:
1. How is the cash-flow of the business?
2. How can I verify the cash-flow of the business?
3. How can I effectively analyze the business model, in the context of the business' target market?
4. How viable is the target market?
5. How suitable is the location, short and long-term, for the business?
6. Are there any trends affecting the business?
7. What kind of legal entity is the business—corporation, partnership, etc?
8. How can I be assured that I am taking legal "title" to the business?
9. Is the business properly licensed?
10. Does the business have any debts or liabilities against it?
11. Does the business have any lawsuits against it?
12. If I am purchasing a property, along with the business, how do I know if there are any zoning issues?
13. If I am purchasing a property, how do I know if all the property taxes are paid?
14. If I am purchasing a property, how do I know if there are any liens on the property?
15. If I am purchasing a property, how do I know that I will be getting clear title?
To answer all of these questions, you will need to have trained, local professionals doing the due diligence and research necessary to ensure that your investment is as secure and viable as possible. Our affiliate engineers, CPAs, inspectors, and Attorneys are highly trained to work with any size or type of project. Please call us today to start your investment project on the right track.