OPEN HOUSE IDEAS
12 Open House Ideas You Can Use To Sell Your Home
The Open House has come a long way! We’ are finding that our clients are generating tons of Buyer Leads and actual Offers by holding Open Houses! Whether you hold your own listing open or have a colleague host it for you, there are so many little things you can do to ensure success!
Here are a few tips that we have used ourselves or shared with our clients over the years...!
1. Post your Open House on all major public sites including your local MLS, Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, a website if you can create one or blog and your Facebook page!
2. Use your iPad as the “Registration Form! Get the Open House Pro App! (not for Androids)
3. Hold an Open House right after work or during lunchtime on weekdays. Downtown condos are ideal for Lunchtime Open Houses!
4. Set an unconventional time frame from 10am to 6pm - depending on the season and day.
5. Serve easy to eat snacks that come with individual wrappers. Provide iced tea and lemonade in the summer; tea, coffee or cocoa in the winter; and warm apple cider in the fall. (imagine the aroma of that warm apple cider wafting through the house!)
6. A highrise, lakeside, ocean view or any other property with an amazing sunset view is a great candidate for a unique Happy Hour/Sunset Open House.
7. In warm weather, have some extra water bottles on hand. Better yet, have some made up with custom labels.
8. Put an “Open House” sign with day/time in the yard several days in advance.
9. Get your home address out there! Put out 30+ directionals from the main highways/interstates to your home. (if your county/city allows+ check with your associations)
10. Invite a mortgage professional to attend and prequalify buyers.
11. Put your feedback form on a clip board for attendees too carry with them as they go room to room and give their comments!
12. Create a Slide Show with pictures of the local area and the house to play during the Open House.